That first LA Story, the New Yorker out of his/her element, is so common as to be cliche. There are so many New Yorkers here, it’s hard to believe anyone’s left back East to actually eat the bagels and pizza and serious intellectual conversation they rhapsodize about here.
- A fish out of water story, with the fish being an actor or writer and the water being New York City.
- A behind-the-scenes style experience with a celebrity, typically involving booze, psychics, kissing, violence and/or vomit.
- Some rambling thing about streets and driving.
- A lurid account of crime and corruption.
- A character profile of some wacky character.